“Kybella” and “melting fat” are two concepts that you usually see in one sentence together. And we cannot help but wonder, why are they associated with each other? Are the claims that Kybella melts fat true? This article will shed light on the truth about Kybella’s ability to melt fat. Thus, if you are curious about the product, read on and discover the answer!
All about Kybella
You may have seen Kybella in different medical spas and have always wondered what it is for. Kybella is an injectable that destroys fat cells in the area, also known as your double chin. This is also the only FDA-approved injectable to do the said function.
You are a fit candidate for Kybella if you are any of the following:
- You are constantly bothered (self-conscious, unhappy, embarrassed) by your double chin, or submental fullness
- You do not want to have surgery to remove them
- Submental fullness makes you look heavier or older than you actually are
- Despite exercising regularly and eating a balanced diet, your double chin is still there
The Kybella mechanism
You may have also wondered how Kybella melts fun in your chin with just an injection. Well, it is all because of the active ingredient in Kybella, the synthetic deoxycholic acid.
This substance is a natural molecule that can be found in the body that helps break down and absorb fat from food. The one found in Kybella is manufactured or synthetic; however, it still mimics the exact mechanism.
When Kybella is injected into your double chin, it will start to destroy the fat cells in the area, prompting the reduced appearance of fullness in the said area. Once the fat cells are destroyed, they can no longer accumulate or store fat. So, you can do the treatment until you reach your desired appearance.
What to expect with Kybella treatment
Before the treatment, the aesthetic technician or specialist will first examine your double chin and its area. This examination will help determine if Kybella is the right treatment for your problem.
When the specialist deems Kybella a sound choice to solve your problem, they will formulate a treatment based on how much fat you have in your double chin. While doing the formula, they will also take into account your goals.
Before anything else, ensure that the technician has the appropriate credentials to ensure your safety and satisfaction. Only Kybella-trained specialists should administer the treatment. If otherwise, consider it a red flag and start to think twice.
Each treatment comprises not just one but multiple injections in the treatment area. The whole process takes around 15 to 20 minutes. Moreover, the number of injections depends on how much fat you have under your chin and how sculpted you want it to look afterward.
The question now would be how often you schedule your Kybella treatment. The answer to this question depends on each person. Each person has a different chin profile. Thus the number of sessions required to achieve your desired chin also varies.
But in general, each Kybella session should be spaced at least a month apart. One person should also receive at most six treatments.
After the treatment, you might experience some bruising, numbing, or swelling in the area where Kybella was injected. Take note of side effects such as:
- facial muscle weakness and uneven smile due to nerve injury
- difficulty swallowing
- problems in the treatment site, such as
- Open sores, drainage, or ulcers
- Hair loss
- Bruising or hematoma (collection of blood under the skin)
- Tissue damage
- Cell death or necrosis
- Damage to a vein or an artery
These side effects are serious and should be addressed by your healthcare provider, so make sure to contact them once any of these symptoms show up.
Just like any other treatment, Kybella also has contraindications to ensure safety upon treatment. Here is a list of contraindications in case you are planning to be treated with Kybella:
- You have had cosmetic treatments on your neck, face, or chin
- You have already had or are still planning to undergo surgery on your neck, face, or chin
- You have or had trouble swallowing
- You are pregnant or expecting (There are still no known effects of Kybella on the fetus based on studies)
- You are already breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed (Like in the previous contraindication, research about Kybella’s effects on breast milk is still not clear)
- You are taking any medications, including over-the-counter medicine, prescriptions, herbal supplements, and vitamins, specifically blood thinners, anticoagulants, or antiplatelets.
- You have problems with bleeding.
- You are below 18 years old (Using Kybella to treat double chin for minors is still not widely studied)
- You have an infection on the injection site.
Kybella is a permanent solution.
Losing weight through diet and exercise may also help. However, fat cells through this method only shrink. Thus when you discontinue the healthy lifestyle, chances are fat cells will grow back, allowing fat accumulation again.
Kybella ensures that the fat you removed will never come back, unlike other weight reduction techniques. This is because it does not only remove the fat from its place. It melts away their storage, so there will be no place for fat the next time.
If you think that losing weight through the conventional method does not work for you as it should, then maybe you have more significant problems that you have to face. Sometimes, the solution lies in what we already have but still have not explored.
Kybella can help you with this problem if you are truly worried about your appearance. You have considered all the risks, side effects, and possible symptoms once Kybella is administered to the treatment area.
If a certified Kybella expert assists you, you can achieve your aesthetic goals with peace of mind. Also, you do not have to use up all 6 Kybella treatments to the limit. Most clients are already happy after two to four sessions.
In addition to Kybella treatment, you can also choose to “lift” your skin so that the sagging skin where the fat cells once were will be tighter. This additional treatment allows the area to be contoured and more chiseled.
Age less and Weigh Less with Kybella
Having a facial feature that you are constantly worried about may take a toll on your mental health. It may also lose your confidence, hindering you from enjoying what you usually do.
Age-Less Weigh-Less can help you be more confident with yourself through their different aesthetic services, including Kybella. You can check their website about their available services and book an appointment there as well. Remember that you do not have to have a “new” you to be beautiful. Sometimes, all you need is an improved version of yourself where you accept the coexistence of your best features and your flaws.